Classes are over, break has begun and, lest we admit it, you might soon start to feel a morsel blase ( pant ! ). Before you begin longing for classrooms and hours of studying, I ’ thousand here to give you some ideas for fun activities that will help you to beat that lingering fatigue and enjoy your easiness before classes start up again .
First up in this series ? Your local zoo, the perfective stead to keep you thoroughly entertained for the day. nothing beats watching tigers play in the water and gorilla running up to the looking glass to get a closer glance at you. aside from the exciting independent attraction, the animals, menagerie food is delightful, give patronize is fun and other attractions, like a train or carousel ride, are a big direction to keep the fun going. A camera will surely be in tow, so you want to be sure you ’ re looking thoroughly while staying comfortable ! ( And before you ask, yes, most zoos are open in the winter besides, and they ’ re less push than common ! ) Here are some reminders, tips and outfit ideas for visiting a zoo.
Remember to Wear/Bring:
- Comfy shoes – Unless you’re prepared to ride the tram and miss many of the close encounters with the animals, be sure to wear some comfy walking shoes. After a full day at the zoo, you’ll have easily walked 2+ miles. With that kind of walking, no one wants to deal with blisters!
- Protection from the sun (if you’re going when it’s warm or you live somewhere warm) – Sunglasses or a hat are a must at the zoo if you’ll be outdoors. You’ll be walking outside for the majority of your time there and want to make sure your face is protected (with the cutest of accessories, of course).
- Camera – There are endless picture opportunities at the zoo — you won’t want to miss them! Be sure to bring your trusty iPhone or fancier camera and snap away!
General Zoo Visit Tips:
- The earlier you go, the better! The animals are more active in the morning, as it is cooler (and who doesn’t get excited about breakfast?). It is also less crowded, so you’ll have front-row views to all the animals.
- Bring your student ID. Many zoos will give you a discount off ticket pricing (or free admission) with a valid student ID.
- Check the calendar before venturing to the zoo. Many zoos host events, whether it is a walk to raise money or lending out their conference rooms for other organizations. These types of events will result in large crowds, so make sure to double check.
Products: Zebra Top – Topshop, Jeans – Levi ’ s, Shoes – Sperry, Earrings – Nordstrom, Sunglasses – Macy ’ south, Coat – Gap
This eclectic kit checks off all the must-haves for menagerie attire : sunglasses, comfortable shoes and it looks ace cute ! The zebra print peak, long pea jacket, and cobalt jeans help beat the cold for winter visits. Metallic boat shoes give the perfect dad to the equip. Add colored sunglasses and amber earrings and you ’ ll be good to go !
Products: Headband – Target, Dress – ASOS, Sandals – Athleta, Necklace – Forever 21, Bag – Calvin Klein, Lipstick – Revlon
This is the ideal summer menagerie outfit or a great choice if you live in a warmly climate. The animal-printed preen will keep you aplomb and looking bang-up. Wear a cute headband to push your hair back and add some design mixing to the outfit. With additions like a cunning cross-body bag to hold your camera, comfortable espadrilles, and a dim-witted flick pendant necklace, you ’ ll be comfortable ( and stylish ) all day long. A pop of hot pink sass dirt completes the count .
Products: Tee – ASOS, Jeans – 7 for All Mankind, Sunglasses – Express, Sneakers – KEDS
I absolutely fell in beloved with this adorable penguin shirt — what animal lover wouldn ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate ! ? It ’ s particularly perfect for a winter menagerie inflict but it would be curious to wear in summer excessively. For a more free-and-easy outfit, I paired the tee with colored pastel orange jeans. Comfy white sneakers and cool rose gold aviators are the perfect coating touches to this in truth fun and elementary outfit .
Could you see yourself wearing these outfits to the menagerie ? Which is your favorite ? Have I convinced you that the menagerie is a big place to beat being bored ? 😉 What are some other fun activities you like to do over break ? Let us know in the comments below!
Editor’s note: This military post was primitively published in 2012 ; it was wholly update and revamped in 2018 by Sharon with fresh photos, outfits, and information.
Category : Fashion