IN THIS ARTICLE
Using tampons for the first time can be chilling for your adolescent daughter. however, she would soon become habituate to it if you teach your daughter to use a tampon by rights. Tampons are cotton plugs that help absorb menstrual blood if placed in the vagina. Since they are inserted in the vagina, it requires some practice. Your daughter besides needs to be conversant with her body and stay in a comfortable placement while placing the tampon. proper steering can help her feel relaxed and reassured.
Read on to know a bit-by-bit process on guiding your daughter on how to use a tampon ( 1 ) .
How To Use A Tampon With A Built-In Applicator ?
Before you teach your daughter precisely how to use a tampon, ask her to face the mirror to make the summons easy for her. Seeing herself in the mirror will give her a better mind of her anatomy and she will be able to place the tampon better. Your daughter has to insert the tampon in her vagina, which may be a little uncomfortable and chilling for her at first. Make sure you help her steady down first and then help her with it. hera is a measure by measure guide to help on how to teach a adolescent girl to use a tampon :
- Make sure your daughter is standing or sitting in a comfortable position. Your daughter may find it easy to use a tampon the first time if she places a leg on the edge of the tub or the toilet seat. Another position that your daughter may find comfortable is squatting down.
- Once your daughter is completely comfortable in the position, ask her to hold the tampon from the middle with her strong hand. Tell her to look for the place where the smaller inner tube enters, the larger outer tube. She should be able to spot the string and place it in a direction facing away from her body.
- Ask her to use her other hand to open very gently the labia majora or folds around her vaginal opening. Once she can do so, ask her to hold the tampon in the vaginal opening.
- Ask her to push the tampon gently through the opening. Using a tampon may be a little uncomfortable for your daughter initially, but tell her that getting stressed or panicking will aggravate her discomfort. While pushing the tampon in, ask your daughter to direct it towards her back.
- As your daughter inserts the tampon, the applicator or outer tube will completely go inside her body. Tell her to stop once this happens.
- Once the outer tube of the tampon is inside her vagina, ask your daughter to use her index finger and push the inner tube up. While doing so, the string should not go inside the vagina and should instead hang outside.
- Once your daughter inserts the tampon properly, ask her to use her thumb and her index finger to take out the outer tube.
- Whenever your daughter wants to remove the tampon, she can simply hold the string that is hanging out and pull it.
- Make sure that your daughter washes her hands using a disinfectant before and after she uses the tampon.
How To Use A Non-Applicator Tampon ?
- Ask your daughter to tug at the string of the tampon to check its strength.
- Once she is in a comfortable position, ask her to hold the end of the tampon, with the string pointing away from her body.
- Ask her to use her other hand to open her vaginal opening and place the tampon there.
- Let her gently push the tampon inside using her index finger.
- The string of the tampon should hang outside, and your daughter should pull it whenever she wants to remove the tampon.
frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a good age for a daughter to start using tampons ? A girl may use a tampon vitamin a soon as she experiences her first period ( the senesce varies significantly among girls ). In addition, a girl may choose to use a launching pad or a tampon based on her comfort level and circumstances ( 2 ). 2. What is the smallest tampon size ? Tampons are available in diverse sizes and are categorized based on size and absorbency. however, for lighter flows, you may choose a reduce or a junior tampon for your daughter ’ randomness initial menstrual cycles ( 3 ). Teaching your daughter about using a tampon should go step-wise. You should first talk to her about whether or not she is comfortable using it and check her concerns. It is important that you tell her not to panic or stress during the process and try taking it boring. Washing and disinfecting her hands by rights with water and soap before inserting or removing a tampon is necessity to reduce the chances of infections.
Read more : Find My Bra Size Online | SATAMI Lingerie
MomJunction ‘s articles are written after analyzing the research function of adept authors and institutions. Our references consist of resources established by authorities in their respective fields. You can learn more about the authenticity of the information we present in our column policy
- How Do I Use Tampons Pads Period Underwear And Menstrual Cups?
- Can I Use a Tampon If I’m a Virgin?
- Your First Period
be this article helpful ? The follow two tabs change content below .
Debolina Raja came into the writing world while she was playing around with words and participating in diverse literary events. In the master world, she found her writing sake in assorted genres such as health, health, parenting, relationship, and trade name management. Having done a Masters degree in english literature from Delhi University, she loves read, heading out on road trips, hibernating … more
Jennifer Renee Chu
Read more : Bra Fitting Guide: How To Find Your True Bra Size And Choose The Best Bras For Your Body Without Going To A Bra Fitter
Jenn Chu is the owner and operator of Little Ones Welcome in San Francisco. She offers services in her individual drill, and virtually. Her focus is on the health and wellbeing of the person. She specializes in women ‘s wish with an emphasis on creation, pregnancy, give birth, postnatal, and pediatric support. Jenn took her calibrate degree in Traditional chinese Medicine from … more
Category : Fashion