How to Choose the Right Necklace for Your Neckline
There are so many beautiful necklaces out there, but how do you choose which one to wear ? With graduations, weddings, anniversaries, and date parties around the corner, Brittany ’ s Fine Jewelry has several tips on how to choose the right necklace for your neckline .
The Different Necklace Lengths
Before we choose the right necklace for your neckline, it ’ mho crucial to know what the unlike kinds of necklace lengths there are.
Read more : Bra Fitting Guide: How To Find Your True Bra Size And Choose The Best Bras For Your Body Without Going To A Bra Fitter
- Choker – Chokers are the shortest length, usually between 14-16 inches. Choker necklaces typically sit high or directly on the neck without hanging. Chokers are also back in style right now, so they are a popular choice.
- Princess – Princess length necklaces have the appeal of lying slightly below the neck, and rest around the collarbone area. Princess length necklaces usually feature a delicate diamond or a bold pendant.
- Matinée – A matinée length necklace is typically 20-24 inches long (about twice the length of a choker). These necklaces rest at the bust line.
- Opera – Opera length necklaces are 24-32 inches long. Opera length necklaces can be wrapped around twice for a shorter look.
- Rope – Anything longer than 32 inches is a rope length necklace. Rope length necklaces are popular for layering with shorter lengths.
Necklaces for Your Clothing Neckline
Your clothe is authoritative when you ’ rhenium deciding on what necklace to wear. Different clothing styles showcase your necklace the best, while other outfits don ’ t need a necklace at all ! here are some suggestions on what necklaces to wear with your invest choice :
- V-Neck Tops – You should pair a V-neck top with a V-neck necklace. A rounded necklace looks mismatched if your neckline is plunging, so make sure the chain you wear mimics the cut of the top.
- Low-Cut or Strapless – Princess length necklaces are best for low-cut or strapless tops. This showcases the style of the shirt by drawing the eyes upward and towards the shoulders.
- Halter or One-Shoulder – This shirt style is actually best without a necklace. Try pairing with a beautiful set of stud earrings instead!
- Turtleneck or High Crew – Opera length necklaces go best with turtleneck and high crew shirts and dresses. This is because it gives those outfits a bold statement piece and compliments the style of the neckline.
- Strapless – A choker necklace is a beautiful complement to a strapless shirt or dress. Go with a diamond choker for extra sparkle!
Factors to Consider when Choosing the Right Necklace for Your Neckline
There is more than just the distance of the necklace and the style of your outfit to consider when deciding on a necklace for your neckline. A few things to consider are :
- The Time of Day – Stick to simple styles during the day and more elaborate styles for the evening.
- The Occasion – Your choice of necklace depends on the occasion you will be attending as well. Are you going to a casual lunch or a formal event? The length of your necklace and the style will make all the difference to your outfit.
- The Length of Your Neck – The length and width of your neck can affect the style of a necklace as well. If you wish to create a more elegant, swan-like appearance, then choose a V-neck necklace (especially with a dazzling pendant) to draw the eye downward. If you have a long neck and wish to mask or shorten the look, wearing a choker can help.
- Matching the Necklace to Your Outfit – The neckline of your top isn’t the only factor to consider. You’ll want to consider the color and style of your outfit, and be mindful to only use one bold piece of jewelry per outfit. Also, try to stay away from matching sets that are outdated.
Buy Necklaces at Brittany’s Fine Jewelry
If you ’ re considering a all right necklace to complement your neckline, Brittany ’ s Fine Jewelry has a broad assortment of beautiful necklaces of varying lengths and styles. Let us help you find the perfect necklace for your neckline and create a stunning front that will dazzle wherever you go !
Posted On May 8, 2017
Category : Fashion