What to Wear in Austin, TX: Austin Packing List
Austin is famously eldritch, famously hot, and excellently fun. While it retains the Texan taste for BBQ, beer, and brassy talking, Austin is unique from the rest of its home state of matter. In fact, it ’ randomness distinct from precisely about everywhere. It ’ second no surprise that you ’ re wondering what to wear in Austin .
This Austin packing list includes clothing suggestions and a few other all-important items. The sun is no slouch in this city, so you need to be prepared. When considering what to pack for Austin, keep in mind heating system, health, and hip style choices .
The Best Backpack for Austin, Texas
When packing for Austin—especially during the sweltering summertime—you ’ re not going to need excessively much clothe. You can leave coats and heavy footwear back at home. Your best option is to pack light with a carry-on-sized travel backpack, which allows you to avoid the stress, harass, and expense of checking a bag .
From my have, the Tortuga Outbreaker Backpack is unrivaled in terms of carrying capacitance, organization, comfort, and lastingness. No other backpack allows you to pack so a lot into the distance allowed by airline travel restrictions or to carry so much comfortably. The thick pad on the in full adjustable harness is comfortable enough to wear for hours on end, if necessity .
When to Visit Austin
tourist season in Austin is bookended by the 10-day South by Southwest ( SXSW ) festival in mid-march and Austin City Limits ( ACL ) in October. Your trip will likely fall somewhere between these two events. If you aren ’ metric ton attending SXSW or ACL, do your best to avoid visiting Austin around these times as hordes of out-of-towners invade, causing Airbnb prices to skyrocket. Locals besides tend to leave town, which changes Austin ’ s entire vibration .
careless of when you visit, Austin is always pretty warm. Make your peace with that. From June to August, temperatures routinely sit in the upper 90s, and triple-digit hotness international relations and security network ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate front page news. pack for humid hotness and make sure you know how to get to the oasis that is Barton Springs .
What to Pack for Austin
A lot of people think everyone in Texas is a cowboy, but Austin is credibly much hipper than wherever you ’ re from. The indie and survive music scenes are epicenters of cool, food is off the charts, dozens of microbreweries will get you feeling adventurous, the thrift stores are hilarious, tailgating a greenwich mean time game is a blast, and Austin has museums and historical sites galore. Austin sincerely has something for everyone .
Austin Packing List
Packing for one week in Austin:
- 1 pair of nice travel pants
- 1 pair of shorts
- 1 swimsuit
- 2-3 dress shirts or blouses
- 2-3 t-shirts
- 1 pair of sneakers or comfy walking shoes
- 1 light jacket
- 2-3 pairs of socks
- 4 pairs of underwear
In the summer add:
Read more : Bra sizes balloon: Blame obesity!
- 1 water bottle
- 1 sarong or quick-dry towel (for swimming)
- 1 sunscreen stick
- 1 hat or visor
In the winter add:
- 1 jacket
- Swap your hat for a wool beanie
- Swap one t-shirt for a long sleeve shirt
For music festivals add:
- 1 vintage or band t-shirt
- 1 fanny pack or sling
Packing a Daypack for Austin
You ’ ll besides want a daypack in Austin. If you ’ ra bicycle, walking, or using one of the omnipresent electric scooters around the city ( you should ), you ’ ll carry your water bottle, sunscreen, nosh, and possibly a change of shirt with you at all times. You have to stay hydrated, and you ’ ll want to change your crying sweaty shirt before you dance the local anesthetic whitey tonk .
Things to Do in Austin
If you came to Austin to eat, dance, and tomboy, you ’ re in fortune. Austin has some of the best food and entertainment in the country. So grab your bicycle, strap on your daypack, and get ready to explore .
Austin Food Trucks & BBQ
BBQ and brisket are much half the reason to visit Austin in the foremost place. The mexican food in township is besides excellent. Everywhere is great, but here are a few of my favorite spots to grab a sting :
- Franklin BBQ: Located on the east side, Franklin’s BBQ was ranked the #1 bbq spot in the entire country. Expect to line up early and wait forever (up to 3 hours) for a taste of the best darn BBQ around.
- East Side Pies: I loved this little divey pizza shop. Also located in East Austin, it’s worth dropping by for a slice. They don’t have a website though… which is awesome.
- Smokey Denmark: This place has a 50 year legacy of doing BBQ right.
- Valentina’s Tex Mex BBQ: Can’t decide between BBQ and Tex Mex? No problem.
Biking in Austin
I love biking in Austin, even in the summer heating system. The freedom to get from A to B without learning the public transit system or paying for ridesharing is amazing. You can rent a motorcycle at a count of places, including :
here ’ s an on-line bike path map of Austin, to keep on your phone. If you want to save your dinge, you can pick up a bicycle map in any local motorcycle workshop. Bike Austin, a biker advocacy community, even announces local rides for you to join.
Read more : Find My Bra Size Online | SATAMI Lingerie
Austin Live Music & Dancing
Austin has an amazing music scene. While there ’ s besides much to very dive into, here are a few capital spots to get you started :
- The Broken Spoke: This prototypical dive features local honky tonk bands and country legends alike.
- The Continental Club: This Austin staple has been slinging drinks and live music for over 60 years. Bring your a-game to this hallowed dance floor and soak in some of what makes Austin truly special.
- The White Horse: Located on Comal St., this is the place to check out if you’re looking for great live music, cheap drinks, and solid two-stepping. The White Horse is what other dive bars try to be.
Don ’ metric ton overcomplicate pack for Austin. Pack for the heating system to fit in at all sorts of upbeat cultural opportunities. Your jersey that ’ s excessively eldritch for anywhere else is credibly arrant for Austin .
so embrace a bit of minimalism, pack up your backpack, and get ready for some first BBQ .
Category : Fashion